Food Allergies

How do you handle students with food allergies or other dietary needs?

Parents of children with either a food-related allergy or sensitivity should provide written documentation to the school administration. Pertinent information will then be forwarded to the food service department. This will contain a physicians signed statement which will include:

  • An explanation of the disability, food allergy and/or food intolerance.
  • The food or foods to be avoided, and the food or choice of foods that must be substituted.
  • Please have a doctor fill out and return the attached paperwork, in order for the substitutions to be made. Special Dietary Needs Form

From this point, the parent and child should review the monthly menu and discuss possible meal selections. Contact your child's school to discuss if any of the selections would be prohibited. Reasonable accommodations will be made so that your child receives a nutritious and complete meal.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call Korrie Perkins at 269-415-5650 for further help.