The Student Council of Paw Paw High School is made up of the Executive Board Officers, Representatives from each of the four grade levels, and the Class Officers for each grade level. The PPHS Student Council has also been a member of the Michigan Association of Student Councils (MASC). MASC provides leadership opportunities and education for advisors and students, including seminars and conferences offered locally, statewide, and also at the national level.
At PPHS, activities and events are designed by the student leaders with the intent that school spirit is enriched, and the bond between the school and community is strengthened. Some of these projects include:
- Class competitions during Homecoming & Snowfest
- Spirit Week Dress Up Days
- Homecoming Parade
- Holiday Candy Grams
- Penny War
Student Council members are expected to model leadership and citizenship. Elected members are also expected to have exemplary attendance at all Student Council meetings and functions. Additional responsibilities of Student Council members are outlined in the PPHS Student Council Constitution.
STUDENT COUNCIL ELECTIONS
Elections for Student Council are held in the spring, with the elected students beginning their participation as officers the following fall. Any student wishing to be a Student Council member for the 2019-2020 school year can enter the election process by completing and submitting the three items listed below. Students running for the Executive Board must have everything submitted by 11:59 pm, May 17, 2019. Students running for grade level council positions must have everything submitted by 11:59 pm, May 24, 2019.
Note: You must be logged into your school Google account to access the application form and the Petition to Run for Office document.
- Applicants must read the Student Council Constitution. Click here to access the Student Council Constitution.
- Applicants must complete an application form. There are two sections in the application which you may want to read over, type on a separate document, and then copy/paste your answers into the application at a later date. You may submit the application and edit it at a later date to complete any sections you did not finish.
- Applicants must complete and submit the Petition to Run for Office document.