Community Education Mission StatementThe mission of Paw Paw Adult & Alternative Education, as a family-centered, community-based educational service, is to empower students to become productive, self-sufficient members of society by providing challenging, progressive, non-traditional educational opportunities.
Statements of BeliefWe believe that:
- Every individual has a worth and deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Quality education enhances communities.
- All people have the right to work and learn in a safe environment.
- Making good choices and decisions enhances self-fulfillment.
- Positive behaviors and expectations promote positive responses.
- All people have an equal right to educational opportunities consistent with their personal needs and abilities.
- Everyone in the community shares the responsibility for the mission of educating all members of the community.
Strategic GoalsPaw Paw Alternative and Adult Education will strive to assure that:
- Our students will achieve their individual educational plans.
- Our graduates will demonstrate self-sufficiency.
- Our students will successfully pass the MEAP tests.
- Changing family culture and structure
- Limited funding
- Increasing competition for students
- Uncertain facility location future
- Technological possibilities for enhancing learning
- Organizational capacity for a wide range of services
- Flexible, responsive staff for enhancing change
- Potential for community involvement
Organizational Effectiveness Strategies
- We will increase involvement of family in the educational process of students.
- We will create mechanisms that will provide students with access to up-to-date technology.
- We will introduce students to educational experiences within and outside our community.
- We will improve the scope and quality of all student supportive services.
- We will search out new and varied sources of funding.
Student Learning Strategies
- We will work to improve student communication competencies.
- We will strive to enhance student computational skills.